03 April 2006

Another Day

The kids were up at 5.15am (the first time) this morning - groan!

J was feeling much better today, thankfully, although we had a quiet day at home.


Saturday 3 April 2004

Drank 1 litre of water overnight and needed bedpan at 9.30pm, 1am and 5.45am – fun time peeing while laying down! Had a hard time at 9.30 until DH phoned to take my mind off things – found it easier with knees bent up.

Didn’t get much sleep, mainly dozed through the night and laid there with my eyes shut. Had blinds opened so I could see outside and watch he day dawn. I’m not feeling sore unless the area is touched, but a bit stiff. Have no nausea this time (apparently thanks to the anaesthetist who re-jigged the drugs).

Sat bed up slowly to avoid dizziness and slowly are fruit and 2 pieces of toast, 1 with marg, one with vegemite. That all went OK. Nurses asked whether I wanted a wash or shower, initially I said wash, but decided on a shower – used the toilet for wee – so much better. 1 of the nurses helped me shower, got the bits I couldn’t reach and my back. Used hairdryer on the dressings.

My surgeon arrived at around 10.30am and said everything went well, with nothing unexpected happening. Pathology results will take another 48 hours. He’ll be in on Monday. My drip can come out. He’s left a message for a medical oncologist to try and get him in on Monday morning. Drains will stay 3-4 more days.

A huge white vase of pink tiger lilies and a vase of roses arrived today.

MIL phoned, I assured her I was fine and in high spirits.

I’m starting to feel a bit worse for wear so will need to rest before checking mail and sending thank yous where I can. Lunch will arrive soon. Carrot soup, roast lamb, potatoes, cauliflower au gratin, carrots, fruit salad, roll.

SIL phoned, told her all was OK.

My brother came in for a while to say “hi”. DH and the boys arrived – the boys are being right terrors today and are the whole time they’re here.

Ate dinner. BP checked 145/65. I’ll ask for painkillers later so I can sleep and allow me more free movement.

Mum phoned, told her all was going well. She said she has her head around it now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home