18 March 2006

Lucky 7!

Today my sweet, wonderful boy turned a big 7! Where has the time gone? 2 years ago I was questioning whether I’d be here to see it.

The grandparents and Aunts and Uncles all either phoned or dropped in to see H, which was really lovely.

H had a bowling party around lunchtime today. I’d made bowling invitations, bowling goodie bags, bowling name tags, a bowling cake. I’m all bowled out!

I finally finished everything at around 2.15am.

Ta-da! Yes it’s a bit bland, but how can you “jazz up” a bowling cake?



Oh, the 16 mostly boys of 7 to nearly 8 years - all I can say is that I’m blessed to only have 2 of them. DH was heard to declare “no more parties until he’s 21!”

I think the boys had a good time, although they were both totally wrecked (closely followed by their parents, I might add).

Today was also State election day. The first time I caught glimpse of the poster for this candidate;


I thought it had suffered a graffiti attack (glasses,moustache, beard, you know the drill). I went to the official website and found this was not the case, he actually looks like that! Perhaps I should go get my eyes tested, afterall, they’re due to be done.


18 March 2004

It’s H’s 5th birthday today.

My surgeon phoned me with the biopsy results. The test showed abnormal cells, so yes, I have breast cancer. What a lovely birthday present!

I’m still feeling like I’ve been hit by a truck, but am also getting on and doing things. H’s birthday and party (Saturday) have been a priority and have been keeping me busy. My temper is short. My demeanour must have rubbed off on J as the poor little guy is grumpy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home