28 February 2006

Volunteering

I've signed up as a volunteer for LAP (learning assistance program) at the boys’ school. It looks like I’ll be helping out initially with 1x30 minute session a week. H was part of this program during his first couple of years at the school, and I know with it was great seeing the progress he made with one-on-one help. Now that J is in preschool, I have the opportunity to help someone else. The program should be up and running in the next week of 2.

After I’d spoken to the LAP coordinator, I had some time to fill in while waiting for the boys to finish school, so I covered a few books – there always seems to be plenty to cover. It can be therapeutic or darn right frustrating, depending on the covering used. It looks like they have some good stuff this year.

I haven’t committed to helping out in the tuck shop at this stage, one step at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home