23 February 2006

3 Weeks

Tomorrow is the end of Week 3, Term 1 and J will be at the end of his first week of full days (he goes 3 days a week at the moment).

Preschool has been brilliant for J. He’s been champing at the bit, rearing to go. His demeanour has improved out of sight and his artistic skills are starting to emerge. J’s into painting and drawing people and other recognisable things now – 3 weeks ago this would not have happened.

He tells me that he can do these things now because he’s 4!

J has astounded his teachers with his ability with numbers –another engineer in the making?

All children new to the school will be screened by a speech pathologist over the next 2 weeks. Here’s hoping they don’t find anything out of the ordinary with J – I don’t know that I want to go there again. It’s funny, when you have one child who has had problems and “been through the mill”, it’s hard to not have doubts about your younger child, in the back of your mind.

H is enjoying school too. He’s a big Year 2 kid now, and at the top of the peaking order in his sub school. Sadly, I have to put time limits on his reading so the poor boy can get enough sleep.

He is into his 3rd week of bumper bowling - he managed 3 spares today. He was very pleased with himself and we’re proud of him too. I still shudder every time he “throws” the ball down – I’m sure there must be huge dents in that lovely polished wooden surface!

Oh, BIG announcement….. drum roll please…..

Are you sitting down? Comfy?

DH and I might actually venture out to lunch tomorrow, as a couple!

I hope you haven’t come over all faint…… where are those smelling salts?

I think we’ll start small and local, and work our way up. Maybe we’ll go up into the Adelaide hills next week – hmmmm, I’d better do a little research and see what’s available. It’s been so darned long, I’m WAY out of touch.

DH has been advised by his doctor to try fish oil to help his dicky knee. I’ve been giving thought to it myself for the last few months, but we all know what a procrastinator I am. I bought some of the odourless variety the other day and opened the economy sized tub last night and braved it. I’m hoping they might help with my joints which may be feeling the effects of Tamoxifen, although T is supposed to protect the bones. If only I could get rid of these horrid lower leg itches that make me scratch, sometimes until (and continue after) I draw blood. Other women on T have noticed they suffer this problem and have been told that it’s not the T, than again, the professionals say many things are not related to taking it, but we all have our doubts.

This “warm” and humid weather has certainly been playing havoc with my hot flushes. I really object to sweating around the eyeballs and having it run down my face from my forehead and off the end of my nose, and down my back and front. Although I don’t drink much, I really should consider giving up coffee and alcohol altogether, especially during the summer months. Hmmmm, can't be too many more pleasures left to lose!

I might add my latest revelation, or something close to it to my "Quotes" list; “I have an excellent memory, it’s the recall that’s dodgy.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home