25 February 2006

The rain on the planes

We were “blessed” with a downpour during a thunderstorm late yesterday afternoon. I suggested to the boys they go outside and play in the rain, thinking that they wouldn't. Well, both went outside. H did a “flying” lap of the backyard, came up to the back door then took off for another “flying” lap. J (H’s shadow) followed suit, of course.

H returned to the back door soaked and muttered; “That was a really silly thing to do!” Funny how it can take a while for reality to sink in.

Breast Cancer is in the headlines again

Sheryl Crow has undergone breast cancer surgery. By the course of treatment, it looks like it was detected quite early, so the odds are definitely with her. I wish you all the best, Sheryl. I hope your "roast and toast" goes well - keep up with the moisturiser.

One thing I found rather interesting were the stats she quoted, 1 in 7 women in the US will be diagnosed with breast cancer at some time in their lives. Here in Australia, the quoted figure is 1 in 11 before the age of 75. I’ve always considered myself a number 11, in more ways than one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home