02 March 2006

Golden moments

Tomorrow is my parent’s 50th wedding anniversary - 3 March 1956. Congratulations Mum and Dad!

My brother has organised a dinner booking at the local for Saturday night and we will travel up as a surprise. I’ve made and sent a card, put an ad in the paper, booked accommodation (a cabin at the local caravan park) and bought a cake and bits to decorate it. The boys don't know about our weekend trip, but I think they'll be thrilled when they do find out.

It’s forecast to be mid 30’s again here tomorrow so I’ll probably need to put the aircon on to do the decorating in reasonable comfort.

We’re in for a “warm” weekend, which will be a few degrees hotter up there, so I’m not looking forward to traveling in the heat with the sun beating through the windows. I hope to find some decent sized window shades for the boys.

I have all the fun of organising everything we need to take with us. I think many lists are in order, to help my muddled “filing system” cope.

H received an award for reading yesterday, he’s now on “junior novels”, so bye bye reading levels! His teacher noted today; “H is a wonderful boy who tries hard and is building a lot of success for himself.”

Then there’s the “kindness” award he was given today, and certificates for the 50 and 75 Clubs at bowling, and he got the award for the bowler with the highest score above his average!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home