17 March 2006

Why?

Why are birthday parties so much work, or is it that we create more work for ourselves than we really need to?

H and J helped put the goodie bags together, although as anyone can tell you, the job would have been finished much sooner, in a less stressful manner, if I’d not employed “help”.

The cake pattern I’d drawn up (and my impaired mental capacity) meant that the slab of chocolate cake I’d made was not big enough, so at the “last minute” I had to make another slab. Then the decision had to be made of what type of “icing” to use – the pins really had to be white, and H wanted an orange “ball”. I resolve to never again use “fluffy frosting” – not a real nice substance to make or work with, I’m not sure that I like a cake that looks like meringue.

Of course the Commonwealth Games are underway in Melbourne, although I haven’t watched very much – that’s something that I intend to change.


17 March 2004

I had my first appointment with my breast surgeon. After an examination of my lumpy bits, he stated that it looked very suspicious and conducted a needle biopsy. He had 2 goes to get enough tissue to test – OUCH, and lots of crunching – a sounded terrible. He said that it is treatable and that my nodes look good. He ordered tests to be done – blood (done straight after appointment) CT Chest and Abdomen, Chest X-ray and whole body bone scan – these tests were to see if the cancer had spread. An appointment was made for Friday 19 March at 10.30am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home