08 March 2006

Much ado

J amazed us again tonight. We were getting close to the end of dinner and we did the usual “hurry up” routine. “Dinner will be over at half past 6.” To which he replied: “That’s 2 more minutes on that one (microwave oven clock) and 3 more minutes on that one (oven clock). The clocks showed 6.28pm and 6.27pm respectively. GH and I were gobsmacked!

I also booked H’s birthday party at the local 10-pin bowling centre for next week. I spend much of the afternoon and evening designing and printing out the invitations. They will be folded in 3 with the skittle on the front. I think they turned out quite well – at least they’re original. Half the battle was trying to get the guest list sorted out with H, but we got it done. Now for the fun of deciding on a cake and organising the gift bags (bags and contents).

Mum has her post-operative checkup (after the reconnection of the bowel) tomorrow. Hopefully it will be straight forward.

There’s a preschool coffee morning after drop off tomorrow. I’ve been asked whether I’ll be going – has anyone ever known me to turn down the offer of a coffee and chat? It will be a good opportunity to get to know some of the other parents as I missed out on the info night – DH went to preschool, I went to Year 2.

H’s teacher phoned after we arrived home from school. Tomorrow they are having some Celebrity Smile awards presented. The Year 1 & 2 kids designed posters on looking after teeth and healthy eating. They have been “judged” and some awards are due to be handed out. Mrs P suggested that we might like to attend – we were the only parents in her class getting a call. I’d better take the video camera along!

Then there’s H’s bowling after school – it’s going to be a busy day. Perhaps I’ll veg out for a while on Friday……

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home