31 March 2006

Around town

I really got my act together this morning. I dropped the boys off at school, went to the police station in the city to apply for a police record check (one of the requirements to be able to help in LAP), had blood drawn for my 6 monthly checkup on Tuesday and got to the shops before 9.15am. I think I was home before 10.30am. Mind you, the day fell apart a bit after that.

On my travels, I have noticed that there are still election posters attached to light poles around the suburbs – the election was the best part of 2 weeks ago. In our area, the “offenders” are “The Greens”. I find it ironic as they purport to protect the environment, perhaps that doesn’t extend to visual pollution. Come to think of it, I think Mark Parnell’s face is still peering down from the odd light pole. If they weren’t so high up, I’d be tempted to get a texta out and give him a makeover.


Tuesday 30 March 2004

I’m still groggy and a bit nauseus, given jab in the right leg after dry retching. Had a bed pan, but couldn’t go.

My surgeon came in while I’m having a bit of breakfast. Ate cornflakes, 1 piece of toast with butter and 125ml OJ.

He says everything went well. Removed tumour and some lymph nodes and probably a wider margin than usual. Some hardness in breast and a couple of nodes, but may be because of recent breastfeeding. We won’t know pathology results until late Wednesday (36 hours) – in public it would take 5 days.

I’m in for a rest day today.

I felt dizzy and nauseus and brought up all my breakfast. I got anti-nausea drugs into my drip.

DH and J drop in after leaving H at school – they don’t stay long.

Mum and Dad arrive but I’m sleepy. They bring a lovely arrangement of pale pink tulips. I’m not very talkative – the anaesthetic and anti-nausea drugs make me sleep most of the day. Flowers arrive from school staff (bright tulips) and theh people DH does work for (yellow double gerberas).

Had some soup and fish for lunch.

DH dropped the boys off at around 3.40pm so he can do to his exercise ECG. The boys are fairly well behaved. Mum and Dad take them to the patient lounge for a while.

DH comes back about 5.15/5.30 says all went well and that the pain is a shoulder thing.

The boys are a bit confused as to why I’m here and why I’m not coming home with them, but they’re OK. I’m still very sleepy and tired and only really awake for about 30 mins at a time.

Dinner arrives. Vegetable soup is almost cold and not appetising. Had a little lamb from “lamb hotpot” and a piece of plain bread.

Have had a jug of cordial through the day and get another after dinner.

Got up for toilet and shower after breakfast. Had help with shower. Drip was removed before shower as was oxygen. Went to the toilet 3 times during the day. The other gel was removed too.

Half watch a little TV, but turn it all off before 9pm, put in earplugs and go to sleep. Woke up at 12.30am thinking it was 6am, than again at 2.30 and 4am, after which I stayed awake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home