07 April 2006

Two little ducks went out one day…

…22 years ago and got married.

Yes, 22 years! Some say you get less for murder. I wonder where the time has gone. My mum kindly pointed out that it’s only 3 years until our silver wedding anniversary – thanks mum!

As both kids were at school, we took the opportunity to have lunch out. We dropped into “Lenderheide” and had lunch “under glass” in the café style area. We indulged in main courses, washed down with a glass of sparkling shiraz, and dessert accompanied by coffee. It was lovely to sit down to a meal that (a) I didn’t cook and (b) with only adult company. DH even said that we should do it more often! We’ll see.

H has finally lost this top tooth. Just about all of his permanent teeth (8 so far) have come through behind his baby teeth, pushing them outwards – not a very attractive look, poor kid. DH, J and H were playing with the basketball outside, and H copped it fair on the cheek/mouth area – good bye tooth! There was blood and some tears, but that didn’t last long. I guess the thought of the tooth fairy visiting was enough to brighten his day again.


Wednesday 7 April 2004

Happy 20th Anniversary.

I went for a walk outside, it was nice. I bought DH, or probably more accurately us, a Swarovski ice bucket with champagne bottle and 2 classes – another keepsake for our corner cupboard. I didn’t get flowers, nothing. I suppose he thought I’d been given enough the last week or so by others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home