13 April 2006

The long and winding road

Before I start, please make sure you’re seated comfortably with a drink in hand.

For the first time in almost 8 years, we’re going on holidays! The last time we went anywhere (that wasn’t for work) is while I was pregnant with H. Are your teeth back in and have you picked your jaw up from the floor?

This will also (of course) be our first “family” holiday.

What have we decided to do? I shudder at the thought, but we’re going on a driving holiday to Melbourne, taking our time and the scenic route on the way over (The Great Ocean Road). I have rocks in my head – well there’s precious little of anything else in there to plenty of room for geological specimens.

So when and for how long are we going? Next week and for around a week. I’ve been working on the “must sees” now have to organize accommodation, thank goodness for last minute discounts.

OK our list of “must sees” includes the Naracoorte Caves, Blue Lake (extinct volcano filled with water), 12 Apostles (rock formations in the sea along the coast), a tree top walk, surfing beaches, trams, trains (may be a steam train too), markets, Sovereign Hill (a recreation of a gold mining town of the 1850s). There are other things of interest in Melbourne.

Must takes; amusements for the kids, dvds, cameras (of course), mp3 players, batter charges (for every device), breakfast items, snacks, scrapbooks for the kids, reading books for DH and I,

I’m sure ear plugs should rate a mention here too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home