28 May 2006

Sunday, funday

Our local city council has provided residents with a business/services directory - a great idea to let us know what’s available in our area.

Being the community minded person that I sometimes am, I had a quick look through it. After I realised I hadn’t totally lost my mind (now that’s a discovery and a half, let’s celebrate!) I discovered that pages 97 to 128 were missing, but the publishers had managed to compensate us with 2 sets of pages 129-160. Useful indeed!

Methinks those business that were to appear on the “missing” pages would be mightily unimpressed to find they’ve gone AWOL, especially if they’ve paid for the privilege of being part of the publication.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

We spent a lovely, relatively lazy afternoon bowling with friends, then having a quiet coffee while the kids headed off to the playground. It was nice to just sit down, relax and chat. We really should do it more often.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

I gave our long suffering lawn a feed tonight and reinstated the watering system. It’s been so dry and cold here of late, the lawn has taken the brunt of it. I’m sure it would benefit from de-thatching and coring - we may have to get an expert in to look at it.


Friday 28 May 2004

AC2 – Day 3

We worked on cleaning the inside and outside of the car this afternoon. DH washed and waxed, I washed the inside (doors, windows, dash, etc), It all seemed to take for ever, but it looked really good when we’d finished it.

DH went and looked at and test drove the 2 white 2002 Taragos they had just gotten in at the caryard. They are both ex-rentals, one from Adelaide, the other from somewhere interstate. He worked on a deal – boy was it hard. We eneded up going for the one with 67k on the clock as it was around $2k cheaper than the 40k one. They thought our car had been very sell looked after. The Tarago wasn’t registered and they can’t do it until Monday – they didn’t have any Trader plates available either so we had to leave the car there – grrrrrr – and pick it up tomorrow. There is also only 1 key so that has to be rectified too. Hopefully all will be sorted out sometime on Monday.

I filled the prescription for Losec tablets today – they should stop the grinding feeling in my stomach. I take one, once a day – will see how things go.

Still feeling tired and crabby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home