31 May 2006

The Glass House

I watch "The Glass House" from time to time and generally enjoy it - there are always laughs to be had. Tonight one comment really got my back up, so I submitted the following entry in the guest book. I wonder whether they’ll “print” it!

Breasts and Janette Howard

During the show tonight the panel questioned (to put it politely) why Janette Howard doesn't tend to dress to show cleavage.

I am only surmising, but one reason may be that she is a breast cancer survivor and like all breast cancer survivors, me included, has undergone surgery to remove, at the very least, her tumour/s and at the most removal of the whole breast along with lymph nodes. Many then go through chemotherapy, radiotherapy and years of drugs to increase their chances of survival. Reconstruction can be major surgery if you decide to go down that path.

I don't know what course of treatment Janette underwent. All treatments, like all breast cancers, are different.

Breast cancer survivors do have a great sense of humour, it's one of the things that gets us through diagnosis, treatment and the very real life-long niggling thoughts of this disease coming back or spreading to another part of the body, at sometime in the future.

Breast cancer does not discriminate. One in 11 women will be diagnosed at sometime in their lives - men are not immune either. Anyone can get it, young or old, male or female, rich or poor.

Yes I am passionate about the subject, but please take some time to think about it.


Sunday 30 May 2004

AC2 – Day 5

I’m still feeling very tired and seedy, like I have a giant hangover. I can’t get rid of the taste in my mouth and nothing tastes nice to eat or drink, all YUCK! I’ve tried chips, twisties, banana, choc, choc quik, cherry ripe. I think my tastebuds have “gone to God”.

I think the battery for our door bell has joined them!


Monday 31 May 2004

AC2 – Day 6

Still feeling hung over and tired. Nothing tastes nice.

I had a total meltdown in the supermarket today, shaking, crying, ranting, you name it – not a pretty sight. The straw that broke the camel’s back was a guy who wanted to go before me as he had only 1 item – I only had a few and had been waiting for ages so I said no. Why the hell should I have to wait longer for some old fuddy duddy in a gopher. I don’t think I’m coping very well at the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home