18 August 2006

They’re ganging up on me!

I forgot to mention another Grumpy Old Woman moment.

The boys and I trekked down to the shopping centre after school for our semi regular haircuts. I have a feeling I asked for a little bit too much to be lopped from my locks – I thought it made me look a bit too old – I could see my mother clearly, and that’s not generally a good sign as she’s 26 years older than me – no offense meant Mum. I certainly didn’t need my delightful 7 year old to tell me on the way out; “you look old mummy!” He thought my haircut was an old ladies’ do. Talk about having your already battered feelings really put in the ditch!

Ah well, as they say, the difference between a bad haircut and a good haircut is 2 weeks. I do think it’s looking a little better and there’s still 1 more week to go!

On a positive note, my baby J turns 4.5 today. Where has the time gone? I really shouldn't have blinked!


Wednesday 18 August 2004

CMF1 – Day 22

I’ve already got to thinking about treatment again next week – I still cringe. I read a magazine article about handling menopause naturally and they suggest phytoestrogens (even for those who have hormone receptor positive breast cancer, like me) and isoflavins. Ginko biloba for memory, etc. I think the jury is still out as to whether they are safe.

My moods have been absolutely terrible – it’s like I’m totally losing the plot.

I started reading Raylene Boyle’s autobiography – she is a former Olympian and Commonwealth Games champion in sprinting, and breast and ovarian cancer survivor.

1 Comments:

At 20/8/06 22:19, Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

I hate it when something like that happens. The best thing that has happened to me lately is that someone told me losing weight makes me look younger. I was thrilled! I thought losing weight would make me look older.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home