28 July 2006

Wednesday 28 July 2004

CMF1 – Day 1

Appointment is 11.15am.

J went to Kindergym then came home. Mum and Dad came down yesterday to see Auntie M in hospital and will looked after J while I went for chemo.

This regime is much quicker than AC and we were out by 12.20pm. the drugs are given by injection into an IV, with Cyclophosphamide taken in the morning of days 2-15 in tablet form. I am to take 2 Stemetil before breakfast and 4 cyclophosphamide after breakfast. He has also given me stronger anti-nausea tablets (need government authorization – they are usually $232!) in case I need them – they are wafers that dissolve on the tongue and dose is 1 per day. They can be taken with Stemetil. I can take Stemetil every 4 hours if needs be.

My lack of periods is good news medically speaking as it still plays havoc with any cancer cells that may be circulating in my body. I get hot flushes (my head) and have done for the last couple of months. Although I didn’t know if it was related to chemo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home