26 July 2006

The end is in sight!

Today I sat in the dentist’s chair for around 90 minutes, watching a dvd while he ground down one of my root canalled teeth in preparation for a permanent crown to be fitted next week. I think I’ll take the headphones next time – it’s difficult to hear movie dialogue when a drill is reverberating through the open spaces of the skull, and the suction nozzle is doing it’s job.

The smell of speeding drill burning tooth enamel is one that takes me back to my childhood, when the dreaded school dentists came around to country schools in their big distinctive white/cream coloured caravans. We all cringed when it was our turn to walk up those steps and sit in that big black chair. Walking out with a “fat” lip from anaesthetic for a filling was par for the course.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

AF, or Aunt Flo, has been renamed. She's now known as Aunt Flood.


Monday 26 July 2004

AC4 – Day 20

I had my prescription filled (cyclophosphamide) ready for the start of the next lot of chemo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home