09 May 2006

Grandparents Day

The boys’ school held its annual Grandparents (and Special Friends) Day today, with some 430 expected to attend for preschool through to Year 2 children. The choir sang, there were classroom visits, then morning tea was served (I’m glad I wasn’t serving that many cups of tea and coffee – I helped set up earlier).

Mum and Dad were able to be here for the boys, which was great, and the boys were so excited about them being there.

Mum missed out on so much while I was at boarding school as she was working full time. She’s pleased to be able to do something with her grandchildren, although not as much as she’d like.


Sunday 9 May 2004

AC1 – Day 5

Mothers’ Day

H had made me a lovely card and some love hearts for the fridge at school. The boys gave me a “lovely” card – it was humourous, which is probably something that I needed.

We had an “early” lunch at Manto Café on The Parade, outside, it was lovely just sort of relaxing, as much as one can do with 2 young kids in tow. I ordered fried calamari, DH had a Caesar Salad and the boys, pizza and wedges.

DH went back to Sydney tonight and will be home Tuesday night.

Yesterday I found a couple of mouth ulcers possibly starting up, there were 2 white lumps in my mouth. I felt a little, not queasy, but just a little grinding in the stomach, so I have to eat lots of little things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home