30 April 2006

Mothers Day Classic

Mothers’ Day is fast approaching. It’s the second Sunday in May, otherwise known this year as 14 May, and just 2 weeks from today.

Each Mothers’ Day for the last 5 years, the “Mothers Day Classic” has been held. It is a walk or run to raise funds for breast cancer research. The MDC will be held in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney and has been extended to Hobart for the first time. I so wanted to take part last year, but my health put the kybosh on that.

This year I hope it will be a different story. I’ve had my feet attended to and they’re feeling much better, and if I can ward off the cold from hell, I’ll be laughing.

All I have to do now is organise myself and go register for the event. Sponsorship forms are available, but at this time, I just want to do it for myself and other survivors I know and those who are going through treatment. Maybe I’ll think about raising money next year.

I’ve given a lot to breast cancer, including my left boob, sanity, fertility, uninterrupted sleep, and youthful joints and bones, and healthy teeth, to name a few, now it’s time to prove a few things to myself.

So I have 2 weeks to get myself psyched up for a 4km walk around the Torrens Lake in the city centre.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home