16 October 2006

The creature from the black lagoon has risen!

And she ain't pretty!

Mucking out the pond is not my favourite task. Sadly, it tends to get a little neglected over winter. The amount of crap that gets in there, much of it from little anonymous, skyward looking, hands behind back creatures, who shall remain nameless, never ceases to amaze me. This year however, it was limited to sticks, stones and macadamia nuts. I’m sure the mozzy wrigglers would have been well fed. Now it’s time to die you bastards!

When I get on a mission, heaven help any one or thing that gets in my way. It’s a long, messy, sometimes smelly and thankless task, and damned hard on the knees even with an senior citizen’s kneeling pad. 1 scoop of mucky water into the bucket, one careful Aussie salute, as one does not want to wear too much pond muck. Damn those flies, there’s no escaping them.

So now I’ve given the pond it’s first scrub and wait for it to dry so I can sweep up anything unpondworthy that remains.

The sound of water tricking out of our fountain into the pond drives me on. I will not be defeated, I will prevail!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home