21 October 2006

My Little Surf Lifesaver

Today marks the start of the surf lifesaving season. At the beginning of each season, clubs hold a couple of “Come and Try” sessions. They hold these for children 5 years and up.

A friend is tied up with one of the clubs and asked if H would like to give it a go. H has grown to love the beach and “swimming” in recent times, so there was quite a bit of excitement as we trundled off down to the club. J on the other hand couldn’t understand why he wasn’t able to join in too and wasn’t a happy camper at all! Being 4 seems terrible for him. He so wants to be like his big brother.

H had a great time with all the activities. He gave everything a really good try. Some activities he did quite well, other events, not so well, but we’re so proud of him for giving it a go.

The sausage sizzle afterwards went down really well too!

We’ll see how next Saturday goes, but it looks like we may have to head down to the beach every weekend.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

It's finally done - my blog is now up to date. Now to keep it current, that is my next challenge.


Thursday 21 October 2004

Let’s make Christmas baubles with H’s class! What have I let myself in for?

I got there at around 1.40pm, just as the kids were going into assembly, so I had time to set a few things up. I put my painted twig with some baubles I’d made, on top of some shelves. The kids were late getting back from assembly. One of the other mums was there too, which was great as an extra pair of hands came in very useful.

4 (all boys) decided to foil their styro balls, the others decided to paint. Unfortunately the paint took quite a while to dry, but the kids picked out their decorations while waiting, then glued them on – we were forever unclogging glue pots!

We ran out of time, so the teacher said she’d put the hanging cords and their names on, and hang them on the tree. They were all ready I the morning and looked great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home