26 September 2006

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to the doc I go...

Yes, it's that time again, time for my 6 monthly checkup (tommorrow morning). I had blood drawn on Friday so all the tests could be run. They have added an oestrogen test this time to see if my levels have fallen enough to consider me as being post menopausal. If it hadn't been for the Period From Hell 2 months ago, I wouldn't have any doubt, but that PFH may have thrown a spanner in the works.

It's now been 2.5 years and I still get nervous (well scared) before these appointments, but I think it's getting a little easier as time passes - I've only been in semi panic mode for a day or 2 this time, instead of a couple of weeks.

If I'm now deemed post menopausal, then my medication may be changed to an aromatose inhibitor, which has shown better disease free results thus far. Of course nothing comes without cost. I may trade my hot flushes for crippling joint pain, increased cholesterol, osteoporosis, etc, then again I might get to keep my hot flushes as well.

I started reading the list of side effects for both the meds I'm on and its potential replacement - I really don't want to go there, but one has to consider the price of possibly increasing the chances of staying disease free. Well it may all come to nothing if my hormones are still too active.

Fingers crossed for NED!


Sunday 26 September 2004

CMF3 – Day 5

“Slept in” until around 10 am, I’m very tired. Didn’t sleep that well, had disturbed sleep – hot flushes (all body).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home