22 September 2006

Wednesday 22 September 2004

CMF3 – Day 1 – Start of last cycle!

Appointment was at 11.45am. My onc briefly through the hormone therapy and talked about tamoxifen. I will be on it for 5 years. Hot flushes might be more of a problem, still don’t know whether menopause is temp or permanent, if I was 48 he would say permanent, but not necessarily at 44. I have to be very mindful of blood clots although they’re more prevalent in travel, surgery, etc. Also the risk of endometrial cancer is higher so watch out for any odd bleeding and pains, etc. He will write out a script for me next week, and unless I have problems, I probably won’t need to see him again as I will be covered by my radiation onc and surgeon.

Mentioned my foot and he suggested going to my GP about it. Also mentioned the taste/smell issues of saline on the last 2 visits.

He’s pleased with how I’ve handled it.

Next visit he will discuss more about hormone therapy.

I had same IV anti-nausea meds as last time (the same as with AC)

We were out at around 12.30pm. DH brought me home, I crashed on the sofa, he went and picked up J from Grandma’s brought him home, put him to bed, then picked H up from school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home