11 September 2006

Happy Birthday to me!

46, yes I’ve hit my late 40’s today. Age has never really worried me. 30 didn’t pose any problems, neither did 40, but there seems to be an enormous leap from 45 to 46. I suppose it could have something to do with being closer to 50 than 40, and 50 seems to be a “magic” number for some reason.

DH took me shopping for my birthday present, an Olympus Digital SLR E500 - we certainly didn't pay that much for it, and we got 2 lenses, 14-45mm and 40-150mm, and a 1gb card and extended warranty thrown in! DH does haggle well, bless him. I’ve wanted a digital SLR for years, but thought it to be more of a pipe dream. I guess it’s my Birthday, Christmas, Birthday Christmas pressy!

I’ve always loved taking photos, now I can get a bit more serious about it again.

Of course we were at one end of town and I was having lunch with my girlfriend at the other end of town. We had some lovely Thai down at the Bay.

We finished off the day with dinner at a family friendly eatery with my girlfriend and her family – 4 adults, 4 kids. It was a lovely end to my day.


Saturday 11 September 2004

CMF2 – Day 18

Happy 44th Birthday to me!

Mum and Dad gave me a scrapbooking set from Readers Digest. DH and the boys gave me an MP3 player with FM transmitter. My brother gave me some money – may buy some spring/summer clothes.

We went out to the farm for a bbq. The mess out there is indescribable. As there was a cool SW breeze, we set up behind the dam wall. There was water in the creek (all covered in grass these days) and some water going into the dam. The boys went for a walk with Pa and enjoyed running up and down the dam banks.

My brother took Dad, the boys and I for a farm tour, up steep hill, down steep dale. I think it all wore the boys out. We made it back to town by around 3pm and J had a sleep.


Mum surprised me with an icecream birthday cake and we surprised her with the cake I made. My brother brought his projector and screen in and he put Lethal Weapon 4 on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home